Mnova Software License Activation
If you see a message that indicates Mnova cannot connect to the license server, please follow this step to update
your main NMR processing license. There is no need to do this unless the error message is displayed.
- Save this main NMR license file (License file for main NMR plugin).
Use the browser's "Save as ..." function to save this file to a secure location on your computer. The file should have a .lic extension.
Once done, open Mnova software, go to License Manager (bottom right corner or through Help) and go through the license activation process.
Exit and restart Mnova software to connect to server.
- This is an update of existing Mnova licenses (including main, qNMR, Reaction Monitoring (RM)) to new software
available up to 02/28/2018 (v12.0.1 or older). The licenses do not support any version newer than 12.0.1 with this license.
- Older versions of the software should continue to work with
the new licenses. However, older license files will not work with the newer versions of software after version 11.0.1.
- Those users who mainly use MRL instruments should follow the instructions
from Dr. Jerry Hu for software activation
Problems making connection to the license
- Some users reported an error message about failing
to connect to the license server, particularly when using the department
wireless network. ChemBiochemSecure works, but ChemBIochemGadget doesn't. Please try another type of network or login with
your computer, such as wired or network at home if you have trouble with connecting to the server. Once a connection is made, the license is
good for 90 days.
- Windows, Linux or Macintosh operating system
- Network connection. Continuous network connection, however, is not needed
once the license is validated. Each network validation allows the program
to work without further contact with the license server for a number of
Cost & Fees for New Licenses
- Each license will be charged a one-time $40 fee to a project code. Please
send an authorized user name and project code for each computer along with the
hosts IDs required (see below).
For Existing Mnova/Mestrelab Software License Holders
- A one-time free upgrade is offered.
- If you changed the computer running Mnova, please follow the instruction below to submit the new host
Step 1: Save the following three license files. Only the main plugin is needed for most people.
Note the software plugins for qNMR and Reaction Monitoring have to be installed separately (see below)
IMPORTANT: Right button click on link and use "Save Target as ..."
Right button click links above and select "Save Target As
...", or File→Save As ... after the
license file is displayed to save the license file on your hard drive. Where the license file is located is not important. But save it
to somewhere stable and not subject to accidental deletion.
Do not use the any versions after 12.0.1 because they are not supported.
- Uninstall previous versions of Mnova or Mestelab NMR software before
installing a new version.
- Note the additional supported plugins, qNMR and Reaction Monitoring (RM), have to be installed separately. The links
are on the right-side of the same page.
- You may need administrator privilege to install the software on your lab
Step 3: HostID
- If you have any earlier licenses alreday activated, jump to the activation Step 4.
- If you do not have any prior licesne yet or if you have changed the computer, please follow these steps below:
Find out and Submit Your Computer HostID
- On each host computer, launch the Mnova software. When "License
Validation Errors" window displays, check "I've read the above
information" and click OK. Next popup window is
"Registration Wizard". Simply close the window. Then, go to
Help→License Manager and copy and paste the displayed
"Host ID" to the e-mail you're going to send.
- E-mail me your Host ID, an authorized user name and the project code to Facility Manager
(firstname.lastname@example.org). A one-time
$40/license fee will be charged to the project code.
- Wait for Facility Manager to confirm the completion of license manager
setup before moving to Step 5.
Step 4: Run and activate the software
There are differences between versions in how to install the license. For newer Mnova
versions, you can also install the license from Help->License Manager->Get/Install
If no current license (including trial license)
is active on this computer:
- Launch Mnova
- When "License Validation Errors" window displays, check "I've
read the above information" and click OK. Next,
click Yes in the pop up message box: " ... Do you
have a license file?"
- Click "Activate .." button in the next window. Browse to
locate the license file downloaded from the link above (Mnova**.lic) and open it. click Finish.
If it asks to confirm replacing the license files, click OK to confirm.
- Next screen may show "License Validation Errors" which may include
missing licenses for optional features that we may not get. Simply check
'I've read the above information" and click
OK. You can also check all "Don't show this
message again" boxes.
- Alternatively, you can also click Licenses near the
bottom right corner of the software window and follow the onscreen
instruction to activate the license.
If you want to switch from a previous license to
- Go to Help->License Manager->Get/Install Licenses ... and follow the steps above.
Step 5: Restart Mnova software to let changes take effect
- You must close the software and restart it after the license
- To check whether you have the licenses activated, double-click
Licenses in the bottom right corner or go to
Help→About ...→Plug Ins. The active licenses
should be listed there.
updated Feb 2017