NMR Spectrometer Usage
Charge Rates for 07/2021 - 07/2022
Rate (per hour)
Nonprofit/For-profit Institution Rates (per hour)
Other times and weekends
Other times and weekends
*Each usage is rounded up and charged at 12 min interval unless the login
duration is shorter than 2 mins.
*These rates are subject to changes based on updated overall maintenance,
repair, and staff support cost. The users affected by the rate changes will be notified ahead of
the time of such rate changes.
Additional charges to off-campus users:
- $250 administrative fee is charged for external billing account
- Engineer time is charged at $139.03/hour, student assistant rate is $41.72/hour for training, data collection and
analysis. Staff time is charged with a 15-min increment.
How to Reserve or Cancel Time
- From the reservation pages for specific instrument(s), enter your
username and password.
- Use only one of several methods to
select the time slots to reserve or cancel:
- Check the boxes next to the 10min time slots.
Click Submit. If the slots are not reserved, they will be
reserved. If the slots have been reserved by yourself, they will be
- OR: fill in the start and end times next to the
login fields and check the "add" or
"delete" box. Click Submit.
- OR: Check the 1-hour boxes. Click
- OR: check the "Day" box. Click
If you mix the methods above or if the selected time exceeds the maximum
allowed block size (see below), an error message will be generated. The "hour"
or "day" checkbox appears only if either NONE or ALL of the covered time slots
are open or reserved.
Block time reservation limitations (Updated 03/18/2021):
All instruments can be reserved without limitations
except during the following time periods:
- 9AM - 9PM, weekdays: 1 hour maximum continuous block reservation on Bruker 500
- 9AM - 6PM, weekdays: 1 hour maximum continuous block reservation on Bruker 400, Varian 500 and Agilent 400
- 9AM - 4PM, weekdays: 2 hour maximum continuous block reservation on Varian 600
- NMR600 is shared between small molecule and biomolecular NMR. The triple-resonance, indirect detection (inverse)
probe on NMR600 is most suitable for 1H direct detection and
indirect detection of 13C and 15N.
- Bruker 400 and 500 are equipped with autosamplers. Night mode for unattended long experiments starts at 11:30PM and lasts until 9:00AM.
updated March 2021
©2021 The Regents of the University of California. All Rights Reserved. UC Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, CA 93106